Digital Poster Submission Guidelines
Digital Poster Abstract Submissions Open
Wednesday 21 April 2021
Digital Poster Abstract Submissions Close
Friday 5 November 2021
Friday 26 November 2021
Author Registration Deadline
Wednesday 8 December 2021
Digital Poster Submission Deadline
Friday 11 February 2021
Digital poster presentations are an electronic visual display of research projects that delegates will be able to access on their personal devices and view on various screens throughout the Congress. The poster display will be an integral part of the program. Full details and a digital poster template will be sent following acceptance.
Instructions for Preparing and Formatting your Abstract
- Abstracts must be submitted using the Microsoft Word template.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English. Your abstracts must be print ready.
- Maximum number of words is 250.
- Abstract text: Arial 10pt, single spaced, justified.
- Do not include the title of your abstract, author names and affiliations in the document, or themes or keywords (abstract body only). These will be automatically populated on the final abstract document based on the details you entered into the relevant sections in the abstract submission site.
- Use standard abbreviations only. Within the body of the abstract, when using abbreviations spell out the name in full at first mention and follow with the abbreviation in parenthesis. Abbreviations may be used in the title, provided the name in full is outlined in the body of the abstract.
- It is the responsibility of the submitting author to ensure that the submission has been approved by all authors.
- The Scientific Program Committee will not be responsible for any errors published.
Digital Poster Submission Process
Abstract submission is a three-step process. Please follow the instructions carefully to ensure your submission is uploaded into the portal correctly.
STEP 1: Digital Poster Abstract Template
Click the button below to download the Digital Poster Abstract Template and save it to your desktop. Use the template to populate your abstract in the required format. Digital Poster Abstracts submitted not using this template will be returned to the author for correction.
<Button for Digital Poster Abstract Template>
STEP 2: Create an author account
You must create an account to upload a digital poster abstract. To begin, please click the button below “CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR DIGITAL POSTER ABSTRACT”. Click the “Create an Author Account” button and enter your contact details. These details are required to create the account. Once you have created an account within this portal you can upload your submissions.Click here to submit
STEP 3: Submitting your Abstract
Once you have logged into the digital poster submission portal, click the ‘Submit’ button to access the submission page. You will be required to provide the following details prior to uploading the abstract file:
- Enter your paper title in the ‘Paper Title’.
- Upload your abstract in a doc. format, following the format used in the Abstract template.
- Add any additional emails to the email correspondence box (any email addresses entered here will be included in the correspondence emails that are sent to you).
- Enter the name and organisation of all Co-Presenters and Co-Authors.
- Ensure you indicate the presenting author(s) for the abstract and include a brief biography, the biography should be no more than 100 words.
General Policies and Requirements
- All abstracts must contain original work of the presenting author(s).
- The presenting author must submit the abstracts.
- Abstracts must be submitted to the Congress Managers via eOrganiser by Friday, 5 November 2021.
- Abstracts will not be accepted via email, mail or USB/CD.
- All fields on the online abstract submission form must be completed.
- Acceptance of abstracts for presentation at the Congress will be based on committee selection.
- All presenting authors will be required to register and pay for the Congress by the author registration deadline of Wednesday, 8 December 2021 to ensure that their abstract(s) are included in the final program.
- It is the responsibility of the presenting author to ensure that the abstract is submitted correctly.
- After an author has submitted their abstract, they must check their submission to ensure the document has been uploaded correctly. Authors are able to check their submission by clicking on the viewing option in the submission form.
- The Congress Managers will not be held responsible for abstract submissions not received via the website or for submission errors caused by Internet services outages or other unforeseen events.
Policies of Submission
Patient Image Consent
All investigations/presentations on human subjects must include a statement that the subject gave informed consent. Patient anonymity should be preserved. Photographs need to be cropped sufficiently to prevent human subjects being recognised (or an eye bar should be used). If a patient pictured in a digital image or photograph can be identified, his or her permission is required to publish the image. The corresponding author must submit a letter signed by the patient authorising the ASO 2022 Congress to publish the image or photograph. This approval must be received by the Congress Managers prior to final acceptance of the poster for publication.
Conflicts of Interest Disclosure
The ASO 2022 Congress requires that all authors (both the corresponding author and co-authors) disclose any potential sources of conflict of interest. Any interest or relationship, financial or otherwise that might be perceived as influencing an author’s objectivity is considered a potential source of conflict of interest. These must be disclosed when directly relevant or indirectly related to the work that the authors describe in their abstract. Potential sources of conflict of interest include but are not limited to patent or stock ownership, membership of a company board of directors, membership of an advisory board or committee for a company, and consultancy for or receipt of speaker’s fees from a company. If authors are unsure whether a past or present affiliation or relationship should be disclosed in the abstract, please contact the Congress Managers via firstname.lastname@example.org. The existence of a conflict of interest does not preclude publication for the Congress.
Distribution and Publication of Digital Posters and Abstracts
In submitting your abstract or poster to the ASO 2022 Congress you acknowledge and agree to the ASO and its agents reproducing, distributing, and displaying your poster and any part thereof in connection with the 2022 Congress. This includes on screen display at the Congress, in any Congress material and in the Congress app. You also agree and accept that in so doing third parties will have access to your poster or abstract and the information contained in it, and further agree that the ASO cannot be held liable for any liability, damage, loss or expense that occurs as a result of your poster submission or third party access to it.
Notifications of Authors
Notification of acceptance will be sent via email to the submitting author by Friday, 26 November 2021. Acceptance or otherwise is at the discretion of the Organising Committee whose decision is final.
All presenters must register and pay for the Congress by the author registration deadline of Wednesday, 8 December 2021, in order for the presentation to be included in the Congress Program.
Submissions open 21 April 2021
View and download the guidelines for posters here
Download the abstract template for the poster submissions here.